A well-designed estate plan allows you to control and protect your assets while you are alive, after you have passed away and for generations to come. Depending on your situation, Clavio, Van Ordstrand & Associates can design a customized estate plan that can help you with the following:
- Control how and when your assets are distributed after you pass away
- Prepare Wills, Trusts or Powers of Attorney to meet your family’s objectives
- Name a guardian for your minor children
- Name people of your choosing to handle medical and financial decisions if you become incapacitated and can no longer manage your own affairs
- Avoid the delays, lack of privacy and frustration inherent in the Illinois probate process
We accomplish these goals using common Estate Planning tools such as:
- This is your "legal box". It holds your assets and contains instructions regarding the management and distribution of your assets upon your disability or upon your death.
- This is proof you have a trust. This document is utilized to retitle assets from your name individually to your name as trustee of your living trust. It can be presented to anyone requiring a copy of your trust.
- This document starts “funding” your trust by assigning all your personal property such as furniture, appliances, jewelry, collections, etc., into your living trust.
- This is a will that pours over assets into your trust that have not been titled in the name of your trust during your lifetime (a "catch all" for loose ends). It also revokes any old wills you may have executed in the past and designates your wishes for a final resting place.
- This document appoints the individuals you choose to handle your non-trust assets and financial affairs on your behalf, should you become unable to do so yourself.
- This document appoints the individuals you choose to make health care decisions on your behalf, should you become unable to make health care decisions for yourself.
- This is the "right to die" document. It states that if you are terminally ill, your health care agent may terminate artificial life support or death delaying procedures.
- HIPAA release document allows healthcare providers to release health information and/or medical records to your health care representative.
- Our office will handle the transfer of your assets into the name of the trust. This includes creating and recording new Deed for your property and moving bank / investment accounts.