A well-designed estate plan allows you to control and protect your assets while you are alive, after you have passed away and for generations to come. Depending on your situation, The Law Offices of Clavio, Van Ordstrand & Associates can design a customized estate plan that can help you with the following:
- Control how and when your assets are distributed after you pass away
- Prepare Wills, Trusts or Powers of Attorney to meet your family’s objectives
- Name a guardian for your minor children
- Name people of your choosing to handle medical and financial decisions if you become incapacitated and can no longer manage your own affairs
- Avoid the delays, lack of privacy and frustration inherent in the Illinois probate process
We accomplish these goals using common Estate Planning tools such as:
Last Will and Testament
- This allows you to control “who gets what” after you pass away. It also lets you name guardians for minor children. Wills must go through Illinois probate, I’ll make sure you understand exactly how your plan will work for you and your family.
Durable Powers of Attorney
- These allow you to name people of your own choosing to make financial and medical decisions for you in the event of incapacity.
Patient Advocate Directive (Advance Directives, Living Will, Health Care Power)
- These allow you to choose, in advance, the type of medical care you would want if you can’t make or communicate your desires on your own. In addition, a HIPAA Authorization allows your loved ones and key decision makers to access medical information about your condition when they need it.
- There are many types of trusts capable of helping you accomplish a variety of goals. One of the most common is the revocable living trust that allows you to maintain complete control over your assets while you are alive and after you have passed away. Perhaps most importantly, a revocable living trust allows your estate to avoid Illinois probate.
Call (815) 464-8290 to SCHEDULE A FREE INITIAL CONSULTATION TODAY or Email Us